React Native vs Xamarin: Pros and Cons – Which is Better
React Native and Xamarin are some of the best frameworks out there for cross-platform mobile application development. In-depth comparison of the top cross-platform mobile development frameworks: React Native vs Xamarin including pros and cons. We are discussing today, which is the better React Native or Xamarin for cross-platform mobile application development.
But now rather than these platforms, many other alternate tools have also been introduced, which allows programmers to launch robust and seamless applications with less time and effort. Among them, React Native and Xamarin development services have gained immense popularity in the app development industry.
React Native vs Xamarin – Which is Better
Mobile app development services are constantly evolving and offering new ways to build highly innovative solutions. Traditionally, developers were confined to build Android applications with Java and Kotlin, whereas iOS was supported with only Objective C and Swift.
What is cross-platform mobile development?
Cross-platform mobile application development is an approach to build one mobile application for different operating systems, especially focusing on iOS and Android.
Xamarin vs React Native Comparision
Here is a quick comparison of Xamarin vs React Native.
Now let’s take a look React Native vs Xamarin on Google trends.
In this blog, let’s discuss both these technologies along with their major differences.
Know About Xamarin
Xamarin is the famous platform to build Android and iOS apps with .NET and C#. It is based on open source and cross platform attributes. This technology was founded by Microsoft in 2011, with the motive to develop high performance and advanced functionality based applications.
It allows programmers to create applications in C# language, which ensures to simplify the maintenance process.
Some of the companies using Xamarin are- Honeywell, The World Bank, YouTube, Pinterest , Microsoft News , UPS, and BBC Good Food.
Pros of Xamarin
- Xamarin has full access to the native toolkits and is fully supportive with APIs. It helps developers to add a native touch in terms of design as well as performance. Hence developers are able to leverage full benefits of Android and iOS SDKs.
- The major benefit of Xamarin is it supports a single technological stack C#. With this technology, developers don’t have to switch between environments. It allows them to develop all kinds of solutions.
- Another reason to opt for this technology is that it allows users to reuse the code or recycle the development application for different platforms. This helps to save a huge amount of time.
Cons of Xamarin
- For custom app development, developers have limited support of the specific components that are available within its library.
- Developers have to adjust the size of applications, which may require a lot of effort and time.
- With this technology, developers might have to face the challenges with UI, They have to code separately or put efforts to bring effective design.
Know About React Native
React Native framework allows developers to write codes in the native languages or for a particular platform by using the specific language such as Java for Android and Objective-C or Swift for iOS. It helps to instead make the process more flexible and boost the performance of the applications.
Some of the companies that are using React Native are – Instagram, Vogue-Fashion, Magazine , Bloomberg, Tesla, Uber Eats, Skype, and Wix.
Pros of React Native
- React native allows developers to reuse the code multiple times for different projects.
- It also increases stability and reliability.
- React native supports live reload functionality, which allows developers to immediately see the result of the latest change that is held in the code.
Cons of React Native
- React native developers have to face many challenges in the debugging process.
- There is a lack of react native developers in the market.
- React native technology still requires updation, it has a lack of some custom modules.
Differences between React Native vs Xamarin
Now, let’s know the major differences between React Native vs Xamarin.
With Xamarin developers are able to leverage all the benefits of .NET or C# languages. They can also reuse the code even for different platforms. Along with this, it also supports visual studio.
With react native, solutions have to face the performance issues and it doesn’t support 64-bit mode on Android.
Xamarin offers high performance across both iOS and Android platforms. It also support 64-bit mode on Android.
Both React Native and Xamarin have created a high buzz in the industry. In the above blog, we have provided all the important information that developers should know about these technologies with its benefits and disadvantages. As per the differences, you can choose the right technology as per your project requirements.
We hope you have found this article helpful. Let us know your questions or feedback if any through the comment section in below. You can subscribe our newsletter and get notified when we publish new articles. Moreover, you can explore here other interesting articles.
If you like our article, please consider buying a coffee for us.
Thanks for your support!
Buy me a coffee!